My Shopping List
Southern Fried Mahi-Mahi Sandwich
Courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood & Aquaculture
Serve With:Servings: 4
Fresh Deli Coleslaw
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 8 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2 large eggs
+ 1/2 tsp salt
+ 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
+ 1 c. all-purpose flour
+ salt and pepper to taste
+ 1 c. cornmeal
+ 4 5-oz. Florida Mahi-Mahi fillets
+ 1c. vegetable oil
+ 4 soft sandwich rolls, split
+ leaf lettuce
+ 2 tomatoes, sliced thin
+ Red Chili, Lime Cilantro Aioli, optional (recipe below)
Red Chili, Lime Cilantro Aioli
+ 1/2 c. mayonnaise
+ 1/2 c. sour cream
+ 1 tsp. red chili paste (chipotle)
+ 2 Tbsp. fresh Florida lime juice
+ 1 tsp. lime peel, finely grated
+ cilantro, chopped, to taste
salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
What to do:
1. Beat together eggs, salt and cayenne in a shallow dish.
2. Season the flour with salt and pepper. Place flour mixture and cornmeal in separate shallow dishes.
3. Coat fillets in seasoned flour; dip into egg wash and then coat with cornmeal.
4. In a deep pan, cook the fillets in 1 inch of oil at 375° F. on a deep-fat thermometer for 2 to 4 min., browning on each side. Drain on absorbent paper.
5. Serve on sandwich rolls with lettuce and sliced tomatoes. (Optional: serve with Red Chili Lime Cilantro Aioli).
Red Chili Lime Cilantro Aioli
1. Combine all ingredients in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate. Aioli can be made several days in advance
Nutritional Value Per Serving of Aioli: (4 tablespoons)
Calories 272, Calories from Fat 255, Total Fat 29g, Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fatty Acid 0, Cholesterol 41mg, Total Carbohydrates 2g, Protein 1g,
Recipe courtesy of Florida Department of Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture Marketing
Calories: 314; Calories From Fat: 59; Total Fat: 7g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 127mg; Total Carbs: 34g; Protein: 28g;